This is our third Annual General Meeting but also the eleventh year since the first Arts Event with the inaugural Easter exhibition. We have won a National Volunteering Award in the past and prove to still be a strong volunteer group committed to bringing art to the area for the community to enjoy. The history component of our agenda is also being brought to the mix this reporting year.
Since our last Annual Meeting we have been involved in the following activities:
- The 'Core of my Art' exhibition in October where ten talented local artists shared their individual journey to create a unique work of art – sculpture, printing, painting and ceramics from conception to finish.
- The permanent ceramic Analemmetic Sundial installation at the Moonambel Common where local artists and members of the community came together to produce this unique community artwork.
- The Easter weekend annual Photographic Exhibition 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly' Photographers saw many interpretations of the theme which added to the atmosphere. We appreciate the help from the Stawell Camera Club which provided us with judges for the event.
- MCTC production 'Peter Dawson, King of Song' at the Moonambel Hall Easter Saturday. Adrian, Steve and Gwynn sang accompanied by Micheal on the piano. A few emotional tears were shed by our older community members as the memories were stirred.
- The Moonambel Community Theatre Company's melodrama 'Not Yours Mine' in February. The audience 'boos and hisses' did not upstage our local thespians but enthused them for their next performance in November. This melodrama, along with the 'Sleeping Beauty' pantomime and the 'Old Time Music Hall', completed the trilogy of Victorian theatrical performances.
- The website mahg.org.au and a page on the Ballarat ArtsAtlas website continued to keep our activities documented. This year we also joined the 'Unravelling' website to advertise our exhibitions and performances Australia wide.
- Market stalls, barbecue and devonshire teas, when we have events staged at the Moonambel Recreation Reserve.
- Hosting the Photographic Exhibition by Graeme Akers
- The Moonambel Lockup Walk at the Common.
- Restoring Moonambel's Anzac Avenue to its former glory.
- Moonambel Ceramic Centre to be installed at the Primary School.
- MCTC production of the pantomime 'Cinderella'.
- Art workshops in varied media.
- 'Secrets of the Bush' mixed media exhibition
Thank you to all our members for the hard work and dedication put towards all of these and future projects. All this comes from the marvellous talents and fantastic community spirit which each member has and brings with enthusiasm to the group. Importantly, creative inspirations by various members have driven the projects to the outstanding success we enjoy as we work in a harmonious team.